Telecom is BackingBlack
BackingBlack is the fan club of the All Blacks, brought to you by Telecom and proudly supported by the New Zealand Rugby Union and the All Blacks.
Before BackingBlack there was nothing that united fans and the All Blacks as one. It seemed only natural that the fans of the world’s greatest team required the world’s greatest fan club.
That’s why in 2010 - after being given the idea from some particularly passionate fans at Telecom - we created BackingBlack, a fan club connecting All Blacks fans to the team, and fellow fans; all powered by Telecom. It makes sense, as connecting people is what Telecom do best - through phone lines, mobiles and the Internet.
As a sponsor of the All Blacks, Telecom is fortunate to be given loads of benefits and we always work to ensure there’s a healthy supply of exclusive Member Rewards and offers for the fans. Not only do we get special access to players and tickets; we also have lots of Telecom stuff to give away.
Plus, the latest All Blacks news and events, up close and personal videos and photos with the team; all across a multitude of channels so you can connect to the team anytime, anywhere!
You love your All Blacks; we love our technology, and we use it to get you closer to the team. Let’s share our love for the All Blacks and make some noise together!
The BackingBlack Code:
- We back Black no matter what, we’re not fair-weather supporters, because let’s face it: rugby’s played in winter so it’ll probably be raining.
- Negative is not in our vocab. We’re not sore losers; after all, rugby is a game. We pick each other up, dust ourselves off, and get ready for the next round - we are resilient.
- We celebrate ‘New Zealandness’ but any All Blacks fans are welcome. So wherever you call home, join us - the more the merrier!
- Your All Blacks know BackingBlack fans are always behind the team. Our passion is unrivalled.
- Lastly, we’re all about having fun. Booing or cutting our guys down is simply not allowed!
- From here New Zealand, we can do anything!